Dr. Sabuj Kumar Chaudhuri, Assistant Professor (Stage-II), Department of Library & Information Science, University of Calcutta, India
Dr. Pubalika Bhattacharya Maitra, Assistant Professor, Department of Library & Information Science, University of Calcutta, India
With pleasure, faculty members, researchers and practitioners are invited by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta to submit, a 2-3 page chapter proposal clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter to an edited volume with ISBN.
Objectives of the Book
Society is fluid. Sometimes it is quasi-fluid. Sometimes it is rigid in a given framework of emerging changes. Changing world is an undeniable fact. We have to embrace the incoming changes putting our universal value system in right place. The world particularly before internet and after is simply different. These differences are quite significantly reflected in our societies and its actions. Over the years, kind of haves and have-nots have been multiplied, widened and radically gave rise to many societies in a society. Scientists envisioned that the power of human mind, claim to be the most intelligent in animal kingdom will influence and channelize the changes for a better tomorrow but we find otherwise. In fact we have been influenced by the technology that clouded our mind with reduced creativity and innovative ideas to engineer the societal changes. It touches all the disciplines and sub-disciplines. In this trajectory cross-cutting multidisciplinary researches can show us the light can guide us towards the right path in a changing world. In fact, these researches are the prerequisites to build a resilient society.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following
- Interdisciplinary Research with societal relevance
- Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing
- Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry, Marine, Maritime and Inland Water Research and the Bioeconomy
- Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy
- Smart, Green Way of Life & society
- Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials
- Changing world - Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- Secure societies – Protecting freedom
- Chapter Proposals Submission Deadline: November 30, 2016
- Full Chapters Due after Revision: 30th January, 2017
- Decision after Review on Selection or clarification: December 30, 2016
- This publication is anticipated to be released in March-April 2017. Send your Inquiries and Submission of soft copy of your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Dr. Sabuj Kumar Chaudhuri)
Assistant Professor (Senior), University of Calcutta, Department of Library & Information Science, Kolkata-700073, West Bengal, India
email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Web site: http://sabujkc.webs.com Skype: sabooj_c