- Message by Smt. Sushma Swaraj, Hon'ble Minister of External Affairs
- Foreword by Amb. Shyam Saran, Chairman, RIS
- Preface by Prof. Sachin Chaturvedi, Director General, RIS
- End Poverty in All Its Forms Everywhere | Shahid Ahmed
- Hunger and Food Security Concerns for India | Bharat Ramaswami
- Health for All by 2030: An Indian Perspective | T. C. James
- India's Steadfast Approach to Quality, Equity and Inclusion in Education: Views from Experts | Based on deliberations at the National Consultation on Road to Sustainable Development Goals: Focus on Health and Education held on 9-10 February 2016.
- Gender Equality: Achievements, Gaps, Future Challenges and Implementation Framework to be adopted by India | Nirmala Buch
- Sustainable Management of Water and Sanitation | Indira Khurana
- Where are we on the Missing MDG – Energy? | Kaushik Ranjan Bandyopadhyay and Kasturi Das
- Enabling Sustainable Development: Challenges to Job Creation in India | Santosh Kumar Mehrotra
- Industrialisation, Innovation and Infrastructure for Achieving SDGs in India | K.J. Joseph
- Trade, Infrastructure and Inequality: A Cross Country Analysis |Saikat Sinha Roy and Rudra Prosad Roy
- Incorporating Resilience and Inclusiveness in Policy Framework of Urban Development: Indian Case | Amitabh Kundu
- Sustainable Consumption and Production | Nitya Nanda
- Sustainable Development for Climate Action | Samir Saran and Vikrom Mathur
- Marine Resources and the Challenges to Sustainability | Balakrishna Pisupati
- Sustainable Management and Use of Terrestrial Ecosystem | Oommen V. Oommen and K. P. Laladhas
- Peace, Justice and Institutions to Ensure "No One is Left Behind" | Amitabh Behar
- Means of Implementation: An Indian Perspective | Sachin Chaturvedi, Sabyasachi Saha and Pratyush
- Technology Facilitation Mechanism (TFM): A Review of the Current Proposals and Way Forward | K. Ravi Srinivas
- Financing for Development: Emerging Modalities | Rathin Roy
Thursday 15 December 2016
New Book | India and Sustainable Development Goals: The Way Forward | by RIS, India, 2016
India and Sustainable Development Goals: The Way Forward
by Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi, India, 2016.
About the Report
India along with other countries signed the declaration on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, comprising of seventeen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the Sustainable Development Summit of the United Nations in September 2015. RIS through its work programme on SDGs in collaboration with UN in India pursued a rigorous research agenda to explore various facets of India's negotiations, adoption and implementation of SDGs.
As part of the work programme, RIS launched a special paper series on each of the 17 SDGs and two cross cutting themes – technology and finance authored by eminent experts in the related subjects. This publication is a compilation of the thematic papers and addresses key issues like: achievements under the respective/related MDG targets; remaining gaps in fulfilling targets under the respective/related MDG; philosophy and concept of the respective SDG and the targets; and implementation framework to be adopted by India in fulfilling the goal.
This Volume would be found useful by all those who are working for successful implementation of SDGs agenda, particularly from the point of view of India.
Table of Contents