Global Sustainable Development Summit: Towards United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
5–6 December 2016
at Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD), Imphal, Manipur, India
Overview: United Nations has fixed 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) which needs to be fulfilled by the year 2030. IBSD has taken the initiatives in this direction to work towards some of these Goals from the Grass root levels to Global level. Some of the major themes for deliberations are listed below.
- Goal 1: No Poverty - End hunger, achieve food security, improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Goal 13: Climate Action – Taking urgent actions to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Goal 15: Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forest, combat desertification halt, reserve land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Goal 17: Partnership for the Goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Call for Participation
Who can participate: People from all walks of life starting from Academic, civil societies, Industries and NGOs.
Last date of Registration: November 15, 2016. Registration Form: Download PDF | Word
Accommodation: Accommodation can be booked in advance on payment basis.
Chairman | Prof. Dinabandhu Sahoo, Director
Organizing secretary | Dr. Biseshwori Thongam, Scientist-D
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 09774029007 (M)
Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development, Imphal, Manipur, India
Post a Comment